When children leave Pearson Primary School, we expect that they are academically ready for the demands of the next stage of their education and that they are highly effective at interacting with the world for the benefit of themselves and others.
Our curriculum is shaped by the five pillars of the HCAT signature and the three Pearson Key Drivers. These drivers help to make our whole curriculum offer relevant and responsive for our children and their unique needs.
Our three key drivers are:
‘Our differences are our strength as a species and as a world community’
As members of a community we will:
- Work restoratively
- Strengthen our cultural identity and our acceptance and understanding of difference
- Develop a strong sense of pride and belonging
- Act compassionately and contribute beyond us and our school
‘Language shapes the way we think, and determines what we can think about’
Benjamin Lee Whorf
As learners of language we will:
- Share stories and learning from text in all areas of the curriculum
- Develop a wider vocabulary and apply words in different contexts
- Communicate effectively, though the spoken and written word, and through technology
‘When you focus on possibilities you have more opportunities’
As explorers of possibilities we will:
- Extend our lived experiences and broaden our horizons
- Develop courage to embrace unfamiliar experiences
- Seek to identify possibilities from our lived experiences
- Raise aspirations and prepare for our futures and career opportunities
Part of this key driver is focussed on the provision of Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG). We are working towards ‘The Quality in Careers Standard’ with C&K Careers, with a view to helping children understand the link between what they learn at school and the world of work. We link our curriculum to a nationally approved framework from KS2 to post 16 education (Career Development Institute for KS2 careers and work related learning)
Pearson is a really friendly school and is a supportive place to work.
We are very happy with the school and our child’s progress.
My child loves the school and enjoys her time here.
Foundation teachers are great – very enthusiastic with great ideas.
Thank you so much, our child couldn’t be happier.
We are very happy with our child’s education.
The teachers are always looking out for the children and they are nice to the children.
We always have new challenges and it gives us the opportunity to learn.