Pearson Primary School have representatives from each year group who meet each week to discuss improvements their class would like to make in the school. The two democratically voted for year 6 pupils are the School Council Leaders. They run the weekly meetings and meet with the Headteacher each week to update on progress and to seek guidance and permissions for their activities.
The Aims of the School Council
- To make the school an even better place to learn.
- To help make school a safe, happy and fair place to learn.
- To help teach us about democracy and good citizenship.
- To work in partnership with all adults in the school.
- To make sure every child can have their say.
Specific focus for 2023-24
– To continue to embed a love of reading in the school.
– To ensure that children in school are learning to be leaders.
– To develop whole school events and plan for lots of opportunities for trips.