At Pearson we employ our own caterers who consistently produce nutritious and delicious meals. There is a wide variety of food choices with a fresh salad bar available each day. Each meal is served with the option of water or juice.
Please pay for all school meals via your ParentPay account.
Our kitchen staff are so proud of the contribution that they make to our children’s ability to concentrate and learn. You can see some of their outstanding work on their Twitter Feed at hcatcatering
Did you know that eating a healthy, nutritious meal at lunch time can help your children concentrate in class? Accessing school meals can also help your family save money.
From January 2019 Hull City Council are funding school children in Key Stage 2; that’s Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 to get a delicious, filling lunch for just £1.50 per day. That’s less than the cost of a fizzy drink and much healthier too!
Children in Key Stage 1; that’s Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 will continue to receive FREE school meals.
Anyone whose children receive free school meals as part of their family benefit entitlement should continue to claim as normal.
Many of our families could get Free School Meals but do not claim for them; your child may be entitled to Free School Meals if you as the parent are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Jobseeker’s Allowance (income based)
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (but NOT Working Tax Credit)
- Save hundreds of pounds per year
- Extra funding for the school in the form of Pupil Premium
- It’s your entitlement
- No downside
- Other pupils and parents will not know you are claiming