As part of our commitment to being a restorative school, we have established a group of children to work as ‘RP Buddies’ around school. These children undertook extensive training, with one of our HCAT Restorative Practice Leaders. They complete their duties during play and lunchtimes, these duties include:
- Ensure all children have someone to play with.
- Promote and model restorative behaviours.
- Solve disagreements between children.
- Create inclusive games for other children to play.
- Be responsible for maintaining and packing/unpacking toys.
So far this year, this group of children have been integral in the improvement of behaviour and enjoyment at lunchtime. Without their hard work our playground would not be as happier place as it is.